Momma Cuisine: Great Tips to Reduce Food Waste in Your Kitchen
It is really alarming knowing the fact that forty percent of food in the United States is out to waste, and there are millions of people dying of hunger and poverty every year. While it is true that we can’t necessarily control the food waste being thrown in restaurants, fast food chains, and grocery stores, we can definitely control the food waste happening in our home kitchens. In this article, allow us to help you through tips and tricks for reducing food waste in your kitchen.
1. Do not waste your leftovers. It doesn’t mean that you just have to reheat it and eat the next meal. Make simple dishes for your leftovers rather than microwaving it which can reduce the taste and texture of the food.
2. It is a good idea to remake your leftover ideas. For leftover grains and legumes, you can make a quinoa salad, rice salad, or fry it to make some butter. You can also make an early morning fried rice for breakfast by adding peas, shredded carrots, bits of leftover ham, and tossing it with tamari or soy sauce. You can add leftover grains and legumes to soups and salads. You can cook some patties with egg, herbs, and spices to be fried in a shallow pan. Add Mexican seasoning to leftover lentils to create a bean dip or just fry it up.
3. Use your creativity and resourcefulness for leftover meats. These can be added to soups, sandwiches, and salads. You can make a simple lunch with a leftover cold roast beef from last night’s dinner, pairing it with mustard to dip and homemade biscuits.
4. Never waste your leftover cereal or oatmeal. Make a simple snack for your kids by adding rice flour, eggs, honey, and a dash of cinnamon to make some patties.
5. Be organized with your leftovers. Place your leftovers in mason jars for a plastic-free option. Don’t forget to place the date.
6. Store your leftovers in the fridge. It is better to use transparent containers to store food in the fridge so you can easily what is inside and remember to make good new recipes with them.
7. Prevent wasting of food by serving small portions for children. Children are too overwhelmed if they are served too much so provide small portions for them to crave more.
8. Always have a plan when buying food. More unnecessary food, more food waste. Create a list of ingredients for a particular week that will be good until your next supermarket shopping.
Feel free to check this out or visit the website to find out more about Momma Cuisine tips and tricks.
Researched here: go to these guys